Dear GNPCC Community:
The safety of our members, partners, and employees are the Chamber’s highest priority. We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking action based on guidance from the City of Philadelphia’s leadership and public health experts. In order to maintain a safe environment and address concerns, we are taking measures including:
The 4th annual Women in Business Conference is rescheduled to Thursday, September 17, 2020. Visit the Women in Business Conference page for updates and information, http://www.nephilachamber.com/events-home/wibcphl/
The Meet the Naval Command slated for next Friday, March 20 will be rescheduled for June. Visit the Calendar of Events for event updates and information, http://members.nephilachamber.com/events/
The GNPCC offices will close next week; however, the team will work remotely and are available by email.
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) and Delaware Valley Intelligence Center (DVIC) in coordination with the Department of Public Health (PDPH) and the Commerce Department are working diligently to provide updates and information for citizens throughout the Philadelphia area.
For updated information on City guidance, you can visit www.phila.gov/covid-19. The City also hosted a press conference last week and issued a statement on the City’s response to COVID-19 linked here: https://www.phila.gov/2020-03-06-philadelphia-is-ready-to-respond-to-coronavirus-2/
Pam Henshall, President
PA Business Resources for Coronavirus
The Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry is dedicated to helping businesses across the Commonwealth. Now that the coronavirus has made its way to the U.S., Pennsylvania businesses are inquiring about information to be prepared to help their company, their employees and their families.
The following are resources that provide helpful information you may need to navigate the current situation.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has numerous resources that explain the outbreak of the coronavirus and how to best get your business prepared:
- Overview of the virus along with links for what you should know, situation updates and other information.
- Update and Interim Guidance on Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Interim Guidance: Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), February 2020;
- Communication Resources
Contact information: CDC: 800-232-4636 | cdc.gov
The PA Department of Health is providing up-to-date information and resources for Pennsylvanians on their website:
- PA Department of Health COVID-19 Information for Business
The website includes important information that you can share with your employees and also use it for your organization.
PA Department of Health: 1.877.PA.Health | health.pa.gov
- Coronavirus fact sheet – DOH
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) fact sheet – CDC
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQ
- Preventing COVID-19 From Spreading to Others in Communities
- Share Facts About COVID-19
- Interim Guidance: Get Your Household Ready for COVID-19
From PA Chamber Insurance:
US Chamber of Commerce Foundation:
Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal or medical advice; all information, content, and materials on this site are for general informational purposes only.
Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date information. This website contains links to third-party websites as a convenience to the reader, and those websites may contain inaccurate information.